I cook Chicken and Basil Cream at home at least 2 times a month! I love the recipe for the sauce it has replaced all those store brand Alfredo sauces. My family loves this meal! A a veggie side or salad and you are good to go.
Ingredients: (printable version)
- 1/4 (cup) dried bread crumbs
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (tablespoon) olive oil
- 3/4 (cup) chicken broth
- 1 (cup) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 (cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 (tablespoon) dried basil
- In skillet, heat olive oil. Rinse chicken with water then coat with bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in olive oil, on both sides, until juices run clear (about 10 minutes). Remove and keep warm
- Add broth to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until reduced by half. Stir in cream and continue to cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese and basil and pepper. Stir sauce and cook until heated through. Adjust seasoning to taste. Pour mixture over chicken and serve.
If you want it a little thicker add corn starch. I tablespoon with the Heavy cream right before you stir it in.