Instead of offering my opinion on the subject of Baptism, I want to offer you some scriptures to consider. Please don't take this lightly.
1. Lets start with being baptized as a baby and what the Bible says about that.Catholicism and Lutheranism teaches the concept of original sin. That babies are not innocent and if died would go to hell if they were not sprinkled or given last rights because they share the guilt of the father and mother from birth.
Ezekiel 18:20: The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.Also the Bible goes even further to say children are innocent.
Romans 7: 7-13 What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “Do not covet.”But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.What this is saying that until someone knows what sin is they are not guilty of sin.
2. The order of salvation is given multiple times in the Bible with Baptism always following:
- Verse 22: They were told who Jesus is and that they had sinned by putting him to death.
- Verse 37: They were convicted of there sin and asked what must be do.
- Verse 38-39: Repent and be baptized every one of you for the forgiveness of sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.
- Acts: 8: 12-13
- Acts: 8: 26-38
- Acts: 10: 44-48
- Acts 16: 11-15
- Acts 16: 31-34
- Acts: 18: 7-8
- Acts: 19: 1-5
- Acts: 22:14-16
3. Baptism is commanded in the Bible
- By Jesus: Matthew 28, 19-20 ;Mark 16: 15-16
- For salvation and the gift of the Holy Spirit: 1 Peter 3:21; Acts 2:38 (gift of holy spirit), John 3:5-4:2 (don't skip this one this is before and after the John 3:16)
4. If you are not doing Baptism because you are afraid of family turning there back on you....The bible says something about that too.
John 12: 47-50 “As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”
Matthew: 10:33-41: “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn“‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.“He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.”Check out the Bible Plan of Salvation!
Other "Moments with God" lessons!
escalate_ad_affid = "7246";
escalate_ad_cols = "2";
escalate_ad_rows = "1";
escalate_ad_narrow = "0";
escalate_ad_border = "0054a5";
escalate_ad_hover = "438ccb";
escalate_ad_even = "deefef";
escalate_ad_odd = "fff";
escalate_ad_text = "505050";
escalate_ad_link = "00a99e";
escalate_ad_cats = "6";
escalate_ad_block = "";
</script> <!-- /enwdgts.com offers widget -->
<div style="text-align: center;">
<span style="color: #0b5394; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><b><i>Sign up to get a ONCE Daily <a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheSavingsWife">Email</a> with all my newest deals! Come join me on <a href="http://pinterest.com/thesavingswife/">Pinterest</a>, <a href="https://www.facebook.com/TheSavingsWife">Facebook, </a><a href="http://twitter.com/#!/TheSavingsWife">Twitter</a>, <a href="https://delicious.com/thesavingswife">Delicious</a>, <a href="http://thesavingswife.tumblr.com/">Tumblr</a> and <a href="https://plus.google.com/101999792667792565961">Google+.</a></i></b></span></div>